At Luminosity, we create themed brand identities that enable our clients to build their brands through branding that adds long-term value to their business. But what is a themed brand identity?
Themed brand identities, explained
First, it’s important to understand the difference between your brand and branding. Once you do, it becomes easier to understand what a themed brand identity is, and why it’s so effective.
In short, a themed brand identity is a flexible visual language developed to represent and position your brand.
Brand identity: All visual devices/communication used to help form a brand and identify the company, product and/or brand to the audience.
A well-engineered theme delivers much more than visual consistency. A theme comprises a series of graphical or typographical devices to complement and support the logo in representing the intended brand intimately, accurately and effectively.
Check out some of the themed brand identities we’ve developed.
Why develop a themed identity?
Our goal is to generate the most value from every marketing opportunity, and from every marketing dollar you spend. A well-engineered theme creates a more powerful and effective communication platform which, in turn, delivers a higher return on marketing investment.
Actions speak louder than words – if your branding is more professional, engaging and compelling than your competitors (all other things being equal) who do you think your target market is more likely to trust and buy from?
A theme is tirelessly working for you without you having to lift a finger – a passive sales team influencing customers before you’ve even spoken to them.
A well-crafted theme takes the effectiveness of brand identity to a whole new level, making it a vital part of any successful brand strategy.
How does it work?
A picture tells a thousand words, and it’s impossible to stop our minds from forming opinions of the things we see – it’s an in-built involuntary reaction. A theme works to generate a positive perception that is aligned with the first (and lasting) impression you want to create.
A theme communicates brand personality and attributes more effectively than the standard ‘photo, panel of colour and logo’ approach. It generates a stronger affinity with, and confidence in, the product or company it represents.
After two decades of reviewing and refining our branding methodology, we have come to understand that a well-crafted theme is by far the most effective way to:
• create real competitive advantage
• make it more difficult for competitors to compete with your branding
• differentiate and position a business or product as an industry leader
• improve branding awareness and recognition
• better align your business with the needs and desires of the target customer
• connect more effectively with people on an intrinsic level to gain their trust
• give target customers more confidence to buy from you rather than your competitors
• enable the flexibility to evolve or refresh your branding without changing your logo
• connect with the needs and desires of your target customers – if you look like ‘their kind of business’ then they’ll feel more comfortable talking to you
• create a positive connection without saying a thing – let’s face it, you’re more likely to talk to someone if you like (or are at least comfortable with) how they look
• improve long-term business health, bottom line and value
• maximise your return on marketing investment.
If you’d like to develop a strong brand foundation as part of a well-crafted brand strategy, with branding at its heart, please get in touch to discuss aligning your branding and marketing.
(08) 9381 email@example.com
3/73 Troy Tce
Jolimont WA 6014